We aim at:
- encouraging tourism enterprises to develop their business activities for the future.
- renewing the tourism industry by sharing and producing information.
- enhancing tourism employment and increasing skills.
- activating cooperation in the tourism industry, establishing and coordinating industry networks.
- internationalising tourism enterprises as well as tourism research and development activities.
- highlighting the importance of the tourism industry in regional decision-making processes.
- knowledge, tools and peer support for tourism enterprises
- updated information on national and international tourism development for regional tourism stakeholders
- trainings and tools to skills development
- new partners, business clusters and networks for the tourism industry stakeholders
Research and development activities are implement through our various projects.
Our main target group is micro and small tourism enterprises. Their needs are the cornerstones of our activities. In addition, tourism development, education institutions, and associations belong to our target groups. We work in close cooperation with regional, national and international partners.
We focus on:
- sustainable, responsible, and circular tourism
- skills development and employment
- digital development in the tourism sector
- tourism in coastal, maritime and rural areas as well as nature-based, food and cultural tourism
The Tourism Development Center operates at Satakunta University of Applied Sciences.